According to a new report published by Grand View Research, the growing adoption and rising investments in the development of microscopes by precision manufacturing industries are expected to drive market growth.
Microscope Industry Overview
The global microscope market size was valued at USD 10.3 billion in 2021 and is expected to reach USD 20.4 billion by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of 7.97% over the forecast period.
The growing application scope and high demand for technologically advanced magnification devices are the factors driving the market. High demand from the healthcare sector and the rapidly growing semiconductor industry are also among the key factors boosting the market growth. Moreover, the establishment of microscopy to promote research activities is contributing to the increasing product demand.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the Global Microscope Market
The development of technically advanced products with capabilities, such as faster performance and easy sample preparation techniques, are expected to boost the penetration of microscopes in the market. Furthermore, technical advancements to integrate with display modalities for high definition and 3-dimensional images are expected to boost the demand during the forecast period. The integration of advanced technologies, such as the internet of things (IoT), deep learning, and Extended Ultraviolet Lithography (EUVL) is contributing to the growth of the industry.
IoT generates demand for memory, connectivity, sensors, and microcontrollers, using the neural networks for analyzing data to improve the manufacturing of Integrated Circuits (ICs), and EUVL contributes to high-end computing chip manufacturing. Electron microscopy provides high-resolution imaging and enables a wide evaluation range from packaged devices to the atomic level gate structure. Electron beam-based systems have applications in analyzing device failure sources to improve the manufacturing process. Increasing focus on R&D for applications, such as neuroscience, life sciences, nanotechnology, and semi-conductor, is expected to increase the adoption rate of microscopes.
These microscopes provide high image resolution, which is necessarily required while investigating cell signaling pathways and studying cancer cell proliferation. In addition, scanning probe microscopes are not dependent on the wavelength of the light source for magnification, which makes them suitable for gas & liquid environments and enables viewing of both insulator and conductor specimens. In addition, the manufacturing industries, such as microelectronics, automotive, aerospace, and medical device manufacturers utilize these instruments to monitor the entire production process, enhance the output & quality, and reduce costs. The introduction of novel techniques, such as piezoelectric techniques, to view the specimen accurately at standard temperature and pressure is expected to drive the market during the forecast period.
Microscope Market Segmentation
Based on the Product Insights, the market is segmented into Optical Microscopes and Electron Microscopes.
- The electron microscope segment dominated the market and captured the largest share of more than 42.00% in 2021.
- The Scanning Probes Microscope (SPM) segment is expected to register the fastest CAGR during the forecast period owing to the ability of these devices to visualize subcellular components.
Based on the Application Insights, the market is segmented into Material Science, Nanotechnology, Life Science, Semiconductors and Other Applications.
- The life science segment dominated the market and accounted for the largest revenue share of 33.5% in 2021.
- The nanotechnology industry is one of the fastest-growing industries. Huge investments are being made in nanotechnology R&D and thereby expanding the scope of product application.
Based on the Regional Insights, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the market and captured the largest revenue share of more than 36.00% in 2021.
- North America is also expected to gain significant market share over the forecast period. The presence of a large number of academic institutes, advanced healthcare infrastructure, and R&D institutes are primarily driving the growth of the market.
- Latin America has been attracting the attention of major pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies for their clinical trial projects in the region on account of the presence of a less stringent regulatory framework, the easy availability of a patient pool, and the presence of advanced research infrastructure.
Market Share Insights:
- October 2020: Bruker Corp. launched the Vutara VXL Super-Resolution Fluorescence Microscope, designed for biological imaging at the nanoscale, which can improve the study of nano-level cellular biology, especially in the field of spatial omics imaging.
Key Companies Profile:
The market is highly fragmented with the presence of many local players competing with international players. Major players implement the strategies, such as mergers, acquisitions, and liaisons, to expand their market share.
Some of the prominent players in the global microscope market include:
- Zeiss Group
- Bruker Corp.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Nikon Corp.
- Olympus Corp.
- NT-MDT SI
- Hitachi High-Tech Corp.
- JEOL Ltd.
- Oxford Instruments (Asylum Corp.)
Order a free sample PDF of the Microscope Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Address:Grand View Research, Inc. 201 Spear Street 1100 San Francisco, CA 94105, United States
City: San Francisco
Country: United States